Nói về Chủ đề Judgements trong bài thi IELTS Speaking, một số câu hỏi Part 1 mà thí sinh có thể gặp phải như:
- Do you often judge other people?
- Do you judge people by how they look?
- How do you feel if someone hates you?
Dưới đây là câu hỏi, ý tưởng và câu trả lời mẫu cho chủ đề JUDGEMENTS trong IELTS Speaking Samples Part 1 mà bạn có thể tham khảo.
1/ Do you often judge other people?
Well, as ugly as it sounds, I have to admit that making judgments about others is only a part of being human. I know firsthand because to a certain extent, I’m guilty of doing it too. I do try to constantly remind myself that I cannot measure others based on my own scale, but at times, I find myself very judgemental towards, say, a woman who laughs too loud in public, or a kid who runs like crazy in a restaurant, all of which seem really discourteous from my point of view.
2/ Do you judge people by how they look?
People often say: “Don’t judge a book by its cover,” but ironically, some of them often decide whether to buy a book or not just by looking at the cover. This may sound like an excuse, but even I – a person who doesn’t know the first thing about fashion or style – sometimes gaze at people wearing bizarre outfits and harshly judge them for not being ‘normal’. I’m clearly aware that it is irrational to do so, but I just can’t resist.
3/ How do you feel if someone hates you?
If you asked me this question, like, 10 years ago, my answer would be ‘devastated,’ since I used to be really self-conscious about my actions in public, and would possibly stress myself out if I encountered a person who expressed negative emotions towards me. However, as life progresses, I gradually grasp the idea that it’s impossible to please everyone around me. I like the way I am, so I stop wondering if others feel the same way. As long as I treat people with politeness and respect, I have nothing to prove.
– to make judgement about sb (v): đánh giá ai đó
– a part of being human: làm người thì phải vậy
– firsthand (adv): tự trải nghiệm
– measure sb (v): đánh giá ai đó
– to be judgemental (adj): thích phán xét
– ironically (adv): trớ trêu thay
– not know the first thing about s.th (v): không biết nhiều về vấn đề gì
– bizarre (adj): kỳ lạ
– harshly judge sb (adv+v): phán xét người khác một cách gay gắt
– irrational (adj): vô lý
– devastated (adj): suy sụp
– self-conscious (adj): sợ bị người khác đánh giá
– grasp (v): hiểu
Trên đây là câu trả lời tham khảo cho chủ đề JUDGEMENTS. Hy vọng bài viết này giúp bạn có thêm những kinh nghiệm để ôn luyện tốt hơn. Ngoài ra, bạn có thể tham khảo thêm nhiều bài hơn tại kho bài IELTS Speaking của The IELTS Workshop nhé.
>>> Xem thêm: Topic: Water – IELTS Speaking Samples Part 1