1. Câu hỏi chủ đề IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Memory
Một trong những chủ đề mà thí sinh đi thi IELTS Speaking Part 1 có thể gặp phải là Memory. Ở topic này, thí sinh có thể gặp các câu hỏi sau:
- Why do some people have good memories while others just don’t?
- Why do more people rely on cell phones to memorize things?
- Are you good at memorizing things?
- Have you ever forgotten something that was important?
Thí sinh cần có một số từ vựng thuộc chủ đề để đạt điểm cao. Dưới đây, TIW cung cấp câu trả lời mẫu cho các câu hỏi thuộc chủ đề Memory trong IELTS Speaking part 1 cùng các từ vựng đi kèm. Đây là các câu trả lời có thể đạt band 6 – 6.5.
2. IELTS Speaking Part 1 Sample – chủ đề Memory
2.1. Why do some people have good memories while others just don’t?
It may sound funny but I think some people are born absent-minded while others have excellent memories. This is because memory skills are somewhat of a talent or related to each person’s genes. However, I believe people can remember things more easily and longer if they boost their memory each day by studying and practicing some brain exercises.
- Absent-minded (a): Đãng trí
- To have excellent memory: Có trí nhớ tốt
- Boost one’s memory: Cải thiện trí nhớ
- Brain exercise: Bài tập luyện tập cho não bộ
2.2 Why do more people rely on cell phones to memorize things?
I think this is because they don’t have good memories so it’s always more convenient if there’s a smart device that can help remind them of what they need to do other than trying to memorize things themself. For example, there are many reminder apps on the phone that you can set time and an alarm will go off. What a life-saver!
- Go off: Đổ chuông (báo thức)
- Life-saver (n): Vật cứu cánh/Thứ cứu rỗi cuộc đời
2.3 Are you good at memorizing things?
I gotta say I have a terrible memory. I’m quite forgetful and tend to be reliant on other people or reminder apps and other reminding tips to help me remember things. But what’s funny is although I have sticky notes everywhere in the house, I still forget my car key several times when I go out.
- To have a terrible memory: Có một trí nhớ tệ/kém
- Forgetful (a): hay quên
- Reliant on (a): phụ thuộc vào cái gì đó/ai đó
- Sticky note: giấy nhớ
2.4 Have you ever forgotten something that was important?
Yes, I have. About 2 or 3 months ago, I was halfway to the test center when I realized I didn’t bring along my identification card. I’m sure every IELTS test taker knows how crucial it is for them to confirm their identity to the examiner if they want to sit for the test. As soon as I realized I left my ID card at home, I was luckily able to get back home to grab it and return to the test center on time and my examination went on very smoothly.
- Crucial (a): Quan trọng
- Sit for the test: Thực hiện bài thi
Bài mẫu bởi cô Hoàng My – Giáo viên The IELTS Workshop HN
Trên đây là câu trả lời mẫu cho chủ đề Memory IELTS Speaking Part 1. Tham khảo thêm các bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 1.