Cùng tham khảo bài mẫu cũng như các cấu trúc, từ vựng hay cho topic TEA or COFFEE trong IELTS Speaking Part 1 từ thầy Đặng Trần Tùng nhé.
Các bạn hãy để ý những từ vựng được in đậm. Hãy thử đoán nghĩa và sau đó xem giải nghĩa ở dưới.
1. Which do you prefer: Tea or Coffee?
I’m definitely more of a coffee drinker. Every morning, I need to get my coffee fix or else I’ll zone out a lot at work. I do drink tea occasionally though, usually when I eat out. Unsweetened iced tea is the standard accompaniment to pretty much every meal in Vietnam.
2. Which do you prepare for your guest at home? Tea or coffee?
Most of the time, it’s tea. In Vietnam and a few Asian countries, it is de rigueur for the host to offer tea to the guests. Usually, I just boil some water and pour it over a tea bag or two. For special guests though, I tend to get all fancy and bring out the porcelain tea set, the tray, actual tea leaves instead of tea bags – you know – the whole nine yards.
3. Do you go out for coffee?
100 per cent. Vietnamese drip coffee is pretty easy to make at home, but freshly ground and freshly roasted beans? I mean, come on! Plus, there is something about sitting on tiny little stools and slowly enjoy your morning coffee that just completes, the coffee experience, wouldn’t you agree? And for espresso and espresso drinks, obviously, you need to go to a coffee shop where they have an actual machine to make them.
4. Do your people in your country give tea or coffee as a gift?
As a matter of fact, they do. It’s an easy, albeit lazy, choice of what to get to someone. So around Lunar New Year, for example, you’ll see supermarkets selling a lot of these gift baskets, and without fail there will be a box of tea or coffee or both in every single one of them.
Từ vựng chủ đề Tea or Coffee
- (be) more of a (sb): là một người thế nào đó
- to get … fix: làm 1 liều
- to zone out: bị ngáo
- an accompaniment to/for something: đồ ăn/uống kèm
- de rigueur (adj) thông lệ
- to get all fancy: làm màu
- porcelain tea set (n) bộ ấm trà bằng sứ
- the whole nine yards (phrase) tất cả mọi thứ luôn
- drip coffee (n) cà phê phin
- freshly ground: mới xay; freshly roasted: mới rang
- stool (n) ghế nhỏ
- without fail (phrase) thế nào cũng, luôn luôn