Tham khảo bài mẫu cho chủ đề Describe a celebrity/ a famous person in Vietnam. Bên cạnh việc đọc bài mẫu và học từ vựng, bạn cũng nên xây dựng cho mình chiến thuật và phương pháp làm bài IELTS Speaking, như Cách tận dụng 1 phút chuẩn bị cho phần Part 2 để không ngại bất cứ chủ đề nào nhé.
Describe a famous person in your country (Vietnam)
You should say:
who this person is
how you know this person
what this person is famous for
and explain why you like this person.
Sample “Describe a famous person in Vietnam”
Ever since I was a little girl/boy, I have always had such passion for all things beautiful. So it is no surprise that I am a big fan of beauty pageants. I think beauty queens are not only physically gorgeous, but they are also highly intelligent. Many of them have been able to use their celebrity status to do good and inspire others. One of them is H’Hen Nie whom I admire so much, and if you know her incredible story, I bet you would too.
H’Hen Nie was born into poverty in the central highlands of Vietnam. Therefore, she got used to manual labor as such a young age. As a matter of fact, she spent most of her childhood working on coffee farms as a way to support her family. Being an ethnic minority, she faced a lot of challenges with backward traditions, one of which is to get married as a minor. However, she was a rebel and determined to continue on with her education, a life changing decision that ended up taking her on a once in a lifetime journey.
H’Hen Nie was crowned as Miss Universe Vietnam in 2017 even though she remained as a dark horse throughout the entire competition. With an incredible story and a genuine heart, this exotic beauty went on to make history as the first Vietnamese contestant to enter the top 5 at Miss Universe. She garnered the attention from the press and won over the hearts of millions of fans around the world. She became an A-lister overnight and started to live the life of a role model to many people, especially those who share the same background as hers.
Since making history, this 27 year old beauty queen has consistently been giving back to the community and motivates others to join her. If I’m not mistaken, she spent the majority of her winning prize to build a free public library in her old village as she understands firsthand that education plays a significant role in the life of young children. And that is the very reason why I’m a die-hard H’Hen Nie fan.
(written by Mr. Hoang Pham – IELTS 8 Overall)
*** This speaking sample is not intended for people to memorize and repeat all of its content. The main goal is to encourage them to speak at length until being stopped by the examiner***
Từ vựng chủ đề Celebrity / Fame
- all things + adj/noun (noun phrase) nhiều người/vật có cùng một tính chất (e.g. all things beautiful: những điều đẹp đẽ)
- physically gorgeous: tỏa sáng, thu hút (về mặt hình thể)
- celebrity status (n) tầm ảnh hưởng của người nổi tiếng
- to do good: đem lại lợi ích cho ai
- manual labor (n) công việc lao động chân tay
- ethnic minority (n) dân tộc thiểu số
- backward traditions (n) tư tưởng cổ hủ, lạc hậu
- to rebel: chống lại, phản đối
- once in a lifetime journey (phrase) điều chỉ xảy ra một lần trong đời
- dark horse (n) (nghĩa bóng) người, vật gì đó mà ít ai biết đến. nhưng chúng lại có tiềm lực to lớn
- exotic beauty (n) vẻ đẹp độc đáo
- to win over the hearts: chiếm được cảm tình
- A – lister: ngôi sao hạng A
- role model (n) tấm gương
- to give back: được công nhận
- If I’m not mistaken (phrase) nếu tôi không nhầm
- to play a significant role: có vai trò quan trọng
- a die-hard fan (n) người hâm mộ “cứng”, người hâm mộ trung thành của ai