Nói về Chủ đề BORING THINGS trong bài thi IELTS Speaking, một số câu hỏi Part 1 mà thí sinh có thể gặp phải như:
- What kinds of things are boring to you?
- What will you do when you feel bored?
- What was the most boring thing you did when you were young?
- Do you think school is boring?
Dưới đây là câu hỏi, ý tưởng và câu trả lời mẫu cho chủ đề BORING THINGS trong IELTS Speaking Part 1 mà bạn có thể tham khảo.
1. What kinds of things are boring to you?
Frankly speaking, I am a neophile who always cherishes the idea of novelty, so I would say a task of repetitive nature really bores me to death. I can’t put up with being forced to do a single job over and over again, especially the one that is of little value to me personally. That is to say, being able to do something new such as making a discovery or working on a brand-new scientific project would absolutely light up my day.
2. What will you do when you feel bored?
There are a number of remedies that can ease my boredom. I would say reading books seems the best option, as I can indulge myself in the virtual world of my own while at the same time gaining some practical knowledge. Another way that helps me get rid of boredom is traveling, because it offers me a chance to do something different from my tedious daily tasks.
3. What was the most boring thing you did when you were young?
If my memory serves me right, I used to feel a great sense of boredom when I was made to learn English every single day. Back in those days, there was no such multimedia, say, internet-connected computers, interactive videos, and web-based facilities, so English learning was completely restricted to black and white coursebooks. That made the learning experience at that time terribly monotonous.
4. Do you think school is boring?
Absolutely not. I guess many people consider their school a prison, but to a graduate like me, it was truly a place of wonder. For one thing, school did provide me with an opportunity to socialize and establish interesting relationships which I can rely on later in my life. More importantly, what I learned at my schools was all highly practical and specifically tailored to every individual’s needs.
- neophile (n) người thích sự mới lạ
- a task of repetitive nature = a repetitive task
- bore someone to death (v) làm (ai đó) chán tới chết
- be of little value (adj) ít giá trị
- ease one’s boredom (v) làm dịu đi/vơi đi sự nhàm chán của ai đó
- get rid of boredom (v) loại bỏ sự nhàm chán
- If my memory serves me right, …: nếu tôi nhớ không nhầm, …
- monotonous (adj) một màu, đơn điệu (gây nhàm chán)
- a place of wonder ~ a great place: một nơi tuyệt vời
- be tailored to one’s need: được thiết kế đặc biệt theo nhu cầu của (ai đó)
Trên đây là câu trả lời tham khảo cho chủ đề BORING THINGS. Hy vọng bài viết này giúp bạn có thêm những kinh nghiệm để ôn luyện tốt hơn. Ngoài ra, bạn có thể tham khảo thêm nhiều bài hơn tại kho bài IELTS Speaking của The IELTS Workshop nhé.