Từ vựng chủ đề History IELTS Speaking Part 1
- Independence Day (n) Ngày Quốc khánh
- sovereign (adj) có toàn quyền
- colonization (n) sự đô hộ
- historical figure (n) nhân vật lịch sử
- milestone (n) dấu mốc, cột mốc
- recollection (n) trí nhớ
- patriotism (n) lòng yêu nước
Câu trả lời mẫu chủ đề History IELTS Speaking Part 1
1. Do you like to learn about history?
(#1) To be honest, I don’t take a keen interest in history. I think most of historical knowledge just go over my head, and I think I’m more of like an art person.
- to take a keen interest in smth: (= really like smth) yêu thích cái gì
- to go over one’s head: tuột khỏi đầu ai
(#2) Well I think history is an area of my interest. I love to learn about the historical figures and historical events. So learning history can give me a better understanding of this.
2. What history event do you find interesting?
Well I think this question is really putting me on the spot because my recollections about historical events are pretty hazy. Having said that I think the first event that spring to mind is probably Independence Day, which is the biggest milestone in the Vietnamese history. Because it marks the day when Vietnam has become a sovereign state. I mean Vietnam is totally free from French colonization.
- to put someone on the spot: khiến ai sững người
- hazy (adj) mơ hồ
- to spring to mind (=come to mind) nghĩ đến
3. Do you think history is important?
Definitely. History is the backbone of any society. Because it helps instill in every citizen a sense of patriotism. And we can acquire a deeper understanding formidable feats of our forefathers. When Vietnam is at war with many power nations, we can know that against all the odds, Vietnam army triumphed.
- backbone (= foundation/bedrock/cornerstone) (nghĩa bóng) nền tảng
- to instill in sb: khắc sâu vào, in vào tâm trí ai
- formidable (adj) dữ dội
- against all odds: bất chấp mọi điều kiện nguy hiểm
- to triumph: dành chiến thắng
Bạn cần giúp đỡ ôn luyện Speaking?