Dưới đây là bài trả lời mẫu cho Topic MID-AUTUMN trong IELTS Speaking Part 3. Cùng tham khảo sample, từ vựng và một vài cách diễn đạt ghi điểm nhé.
1. What is the Mid-Autumn Festival in Vietnam?
2. When is the Mid-Autumn Festival held in Vietnam?
3. Where are the best destinations in Vietnam to enjoy this festival?
4. Do you like the Mid-Autumn Festival? Why or Why not?
What is the Mid-Autumn Festival in Vietnam?
This special occasion dated back thousands of years ago as a celebration of bumper harvests. It has also been a symbol of reunions and gatherings, as the Moon will be the roundest and brightest on this day, symbolizing fulfillment in life, when loved ones are together. Nowadays, Mid-Autumn Festival, or Full-Moon festival in Vietnam is an occasion mostly for children to partake in role-playing and artistic activities such as mask making or lantern touring. For grown-ups, it’s a time to show courtesy and gifting mooncakes as a token of gratitude or respect.
When is the Mid-Autumn Festival held in Vietnam?
The name of this festival says it all. When the breeze is gentle and the leaves are just starting to turn to their golden color, that’s when the festival is typically held. It is annually celebrated in the middle of the 8th month according to the lunar calendar in many Asian countries such as Japan, Korea, China and of course Vietnam. There’s a set date in the lunar calendar for it, but in regular time, it can fall on any day between early September to early October.
Where are the best destinations in Vietnam to enjoy this festival?
It is ideal to celebrate the Mid-Fall Festival in the countryside, where the liveliness of its activities and traditions combine harmonically with the idyllic natural atmosphere. In bustling cities, although it is more accessible to toys, pre-made treats or entertainment services, there is a lack of open space for children to engage in cultural activities like lion and dragon dancing or star-shaped lantern parades. In the countryside, traditions are also better reserved. Families can make mooncakes together or prepare five-fruit trays with cotton dog by grapefruit, which are normally ready-to-buy items in urban areas.
Do you like the Mid-Autumn Festival? Why or Why not?
Personally-speaking, as an adult, enjoying festivals like this usually has to give way to other priorities and commitments. Even though I no longer celebrate this event with my family, I still treasure the incalculable values it has when it comes to educating children about family and cultural traditions. For adults, I really enjoy seeing the dedication people invest in picking the utmost specially crafted mooncakes they can get their hands on to offer to their loved ones. Besides being able to enjoy varied flavors and textures, it also warms my heart to think of how people truly care, enough to show their deliberation and sincerity in each box of handmade cakes. I hope this beautiful and meaningful traditional festival will not be forgotten in the midst of modernization and technology.
- bumper harvests: mùa vụ bội thu
- Partake = take part in: tham dự vào (hoạt động gì đó)
- Lantern touring: rước đèn lồng
- Courtesy (n) phép lịch sự
- A token of gratitude or respect (n) như một cử chỉ thể hiện lòng biết ơn và tôn trọng
- The name says it all: cái tên nói lên tất cả
- To fall on (a day or date): (sự kiện) rơi vào (ngày nào đó)
- Harmonically (adv) một cách hoà hợp
- Idyllic (adj) vẻ đẹp an yên, bình dị
- Engage in activity: tham gia vào một hoạt động nào đó
- Five-fruit tray: mâm ngũ quả
- Cotton dog by grapefruit: quả bưởi được tỉa hình chú chó lông xù
- Give way to: phải nhường đường, nhường chỗ cho một điều gì đó
- Treasure (v) trân trọng, quý trọng
- Deliberation and sincerity (n) sự quan tâm, cân nhắc tới và sự chân thành
- In the midst of + n: trong giữa bối cảnh của điều gì đó
By Duy Anh – IELTS Teacher at The IELTS Workshop TP.HCM
Trên đây là bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 3 Mid-Autumn mà bạn có thể tham khảo. Để có thể nâng cao khả năng làm Speaking, bạn có thể tham khảo khóa Senior của The IELTS Workshop để nâng band dễ dàng hơn nhé.