Trong bài viết trước, The IELTS Workshop (TIW) đã chia sẻ về chủ đề Part 2: Describe a foreign person that you know. Ở bài viết lần này, chúng ta sẽ tiếp tục nghiên cứu các câu hỏi thuộc IELTS Speaking Part 3 cho chủ đề Foreigner này.
Một số câu hỏi bạn có thể gặp:
Do you think having foreign friends is a good way to know other countries?
Do you think it is important to know the culture and language before going to another country?
Why do many people like to work in international companies?
What abilities do people need to have when working in an international company?
1. Do you think having foreign friends is a good way to know other countries?
Yes of course. Although we may have seen and known about other places through TV or social media, there is nothing quite like talking to a local about their experience. It’s a way of seeing another culture live and breathe through an authentic lens. You really get to see what is behind the facade. They can also bring us to the most secluded place, but perhaps the most intriguing place we’ve ever been to.
- Authentic lens (n): Góc nhìn chân thực
- Facade (n): Bề ngoài, mã ngoài
- Secluded (a): Hẻo lánh, không nhiều người tới
- Intriguing (a): Hấp dẫn, gợi sự thích thú
2. Do you think it is important to know the culture and language before going to another country?
It is no doubt a yes. Without language, you cannot communicate with the locals- this makes living there a total hassle. Some may argue that English is all we need since it’s now the lingua franca, however, in countries such as Japan, Germany or China, the majority of citizens don’t use English so you should learn some Japanese or German before you go there. Moreover, having a basic understanding of a certain culture can increase your cultural sensitivity. It can help you avoid misunderstanding and embarrassment.
- Hassle (n): Rắc rối, phức tạp, phiền nhiễu
- Lingua franca (n): Ngôn ngữ cầu nối/ đi làm/ du lịch
- Cultural sensitivity (n): Sự nhạy cảm về văn hóa
3. Why do many people like to work in international companies?
Well, there is a host of reasons why people are interested in international firms. First, often when you graduate, you won’t get out of your comfort zone. And working for transnational businesses enables you to do it through learning about different cultures, and expanding your understanding of other people. Another noteworthy benefit is your experience in multinational companies will increase your value in the labour market. Employers know that you can function well in an international environment and that you have the right skills to work smoothly with different people in this context.
- A host of: Nhiều
- International/ transnational/multinational business/ firm/company (n): Công ty quốc tế
- Comfort zone (n): Vùng an toàn
- Noteworthy (a): Đáng chú ý
- Labour market (n): Thị trường lao động
4. What abilities do people need to have when working in an international company?
Based on my observation, foreign language competency is one of the most important skills. Language fluency is very helpful when working on projects, negotiating or interacting with others whether they’re a colleague, a client, or a customer. Those who are fluent in two or more languages will definitely have a competitive edge over other applicants. On top of that, you need to be computer literate. Multinational companies are sensitive to changes in the industry, especially in this 4.0 era when digitalization is indisputably everywhere. Tech skills are of the utmost importance for every organization as most tasks include analysis, research, reports, and you name it.
- Competency (n): Năng lực, khả năng
- Fluency (n), fluent (a): Trôi chảy
- Competitive edge (n): Lợi thế cạnh tranh
- Computer literate (n): Có kiến thức về tin học
- Utmost (a): Cực kỳ
- Indisputably (adv): Không thể chối cãi, miễn màn
- You name it (phrase) vân vân
Sample by Ms Kiều Trang – Giáo viên tại The IELTS Workshop HN
Bạn có thể học cách xây dựng phương pháp trả lời và áp dụng thành thạo trong qua khóa học IELTS Senior của The IELTS Workshop.